Friday, November 16 @ 8:30 PM 
"“It has shown me that everything is illuminated in the light of the past. It is always along the side of us, on the inside, looking out.”" - Alex



A quick review:


I was having my usual meal for the night, watching TV, and definitely bored until I stopped in this particular channel which is showing this movie: Everything is Illuminated.

I normally just change the channel after a few minutes when I get bored watching it. If you'll watch the movie now, you'll definitely be one too. But there is something, some calling, that leave me watching it for almost 3 hours. It was supposed to be another routinary night for me but not tonight! How the story progresses, made a big impact on my life and my perception to the horrifying holocaust.

***

It is a journey in search of a Jewish grandmother who long died during the awful holocaust in World War II.   As they go on, old memories were relived. Past experience are remembered. Jonathan is played by Elijah Wood and Alex by Eugene Hutz.

In the beginning  the atmosphere felt so Gothic and gives you an idea that it looks like a suspense, horrific film but the turn-about of the event made it so meaningful.

It was the most satisfying movie I have ever encountered. So many unexpected twists.  The journey that started with full of doubts and regrets turned out into a meaningful one with various revelations.

At first I thought that Jonathan wrote the book but in the end, I was dumbfounded to know it was Alex all along. The plot was excellent.


Alex's Grandfather was buried just right beside the monument by 1,024 Trachimbrods killed during the Nazi invasion.

***

I have so many whereabouts. I have came to a realization and was awaken how brutal the holocaust was. Thinking the stories of the survivors made an impact to me. It was as if by a moment, I was Illuminated too. I rate the movie 8/10.

I think I have an idea what I am going to paint in our English Class. (Just Kidding). 
That is Alex's Grandfather's dog.



PS. Seeing Trachimbrod and its surroundings was breathtaking. And that is Alex.



MEDIA SOURCE.

♥ Cathypurry

Labels: , , , ,